6 bacon rashes, finely chopped
2 medium brown onion, finely chopped
120g pine nuts
2 tbsp fresh sage leaves chopped
2 ½ cups stale breadcrumbs
1x 200gm disc camembert cheese, chopped into 1cm cubes*
150g cranberry sauce
1/2 tsp salt
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan and cook the bacon until brown. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the pine nuts and cook for another 2 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine bacon and onion mixture with the remaining stuffing ingredients in a bowl.
- Stuff your turkey and cook to your liking or follow a recipe. We like to double the mixture and do an extra baking dish of just stuffing (because it’s so delicious on it’s own!). This will only need to bake in the oven for 40-45 mins or until golden.
SERVING AND PRESENTATION TIPS
- To keep the turkey moist and stop it from drying out during the long cooking time, you need to brush or “baste” it with butter;
- To test if the turkey is cooked, use a skewer to pierce the thickest part of the thigh – if the juices run clear, it’s ready;
- Use a turkey buffe rather than a whole turkey to reduce leftovers;
- Roast turkey according to weight;
- Rest Turkey before carving;
- For a cripsy, golden turkey skin, push cubes of butter under the turkey breast skin;
- To store leftover turkey, let it cool, then remove the meat from the carcass. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.